Healthy cookbook fans are in luck this summer, with the hot new releases coming hot and heavy on Amazon. One that I'm particularly excited about is Gina Homolka's long overdue The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor. Gina's food philosophy is to eat seasonal, clean, whole foods and maintain good portion control. Some of my favorite Skinny Taste recipes can be seen right here on BCL: Mashed Potatoes Brulee, Cinnamon Apple Crisp, Skinny Chicken Pot Pie Soup. If you haven't read her blog, it could be that you have been
As if that wasn't enough excitement, two Weight Watchers books are being released this summer. I'm an on and off Weight Watcher. Even when I'm not consistently watching my points, I enjoy the recipes. They're simple, nutritious, and taste divine. Watch for Weight Watchers Cook it Fast: 250 Recipes in 15, 20, 30 Minutes and Weight Watchers: A 14-Day Weight Watchers Diet Plan for a Simple Start - A Guide to the Weight Watchers Diet plus a diet plan to achieve your weight loss goals. Both look to be delightful additions to the cookery library.
If Paleo is your diet, you're in for a treat, or dare I say, information overload (the welcome kind). On my wishlist is Paleo by Season & Southern Paleo, both getting rave reviews from Amazon's readers. Here's a short list of best selling hot new releases for the Paleo Dieter:
- The Paleo Approach Cookbook: A Detailed Guide to Heal Your Body and Nourish Your Soul
- Paleo by Season: A Chef's Approach to Paleo Cooking
- Paleo Real Food: 50+ Easy Gluten, Grain, and Dairy Free Recipes
- Southern Paleo: Gluten-Free Recipes for Paleo Comfort Foods from a Southern Mama's Kitchen (Paleo Diet Solution Series)
- Fast Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes - 50 Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes For Busy People To Make in 30 Minutes or Less! (paleo slow cooker, paleo, paleo weight loss ... diet, paleo recipes, slow cooker, Book 2)
Other book topics trending this summer: Low Carb, Raw, Gluten Free, Vegan, Atkins, Juicing, Eating Clean, and many more. Don't forget to check out Amazon's top 100 free books. They change daily and often include health & diet cookbooks.
Which cookbook release are in you most looking forward to?