I was enchanted from the first moment I laid eyes on this strawberry bread recipe, and it didn't disappoint. The bread is so moist and tasty, and just ridiculously easy to prepare. Paired with a little strawberry jam, it makes for an ideal weekend breakfast treat.
This Strawberry Bread recipe is from Deborah Garrison Lowery's Weight Watcher's Cook Quick, Cook Healthy and yields 14 servings (1 slice per serving). Each serving has a Points Value of 3, 116 calories, 18.8g carbs, 3.9g fat, 0.6g fiber, 1.9g protein.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Vegetable cooking spray
1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
2) Combine egg white, strawberries, and oil, stirring well.
3) Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. (takes a bit of effort to get all the dry ingredients moistened) Stir in pecans.
4) Spoon batter into a 71/2- x 3- x 2-inch loafpan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 359° F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5) Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
This pretty and pink bread is just marvelously moist and tasty! Everyone in my house loves this strawberry bread recipe. How do I know? Well, it didn't last last. Enough said.