There was such a large response to last week's Bisquick recipe, that I'm posting another. This tasty recipe is also from Betty Crocker Bisquick to the Rescue cookbook. Check it out. It's terrific! Also, be sure to check out bettycrocker.com for more healthy Bisquick Recipes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Start to Finish: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 1 Loaf (24 slices)
Serving = 1 Slice
Amount per serving
Calories: 110 ♥ Fat: 3.5g ♥ Protein: 2g ♥ Carbohydrate: 18g ♥ Fiber: 0g ♥ Cholesterol: 18mg ♥ Sodium: 115mg
Sour Cream-Cranberry Bread
For The Bread
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick Heart Smart Mix
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 5 egg whites or 3/4 cup fat-free egg product
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
For The Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 475° F.
- Generously grease bottom of 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In medium mixing bowl, stir all bread ingredients except cranberries until moistened. Stir in cranberries. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top crust is golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing, about 2 hours.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
- Before serving, in small bowl, stir powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over bread.