Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are an irresistible mix of crunchy and soft. Mum baked these cookies over the weekend using a recipe from Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking. Yay!
Preparation: 15 minutes
Bake: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
1 cookie equals: 79 calories ♥ 3g fat ♥ trace saturated fat ♥ 7mg cholesterol ♥ 64 mg sodium ♥ 13g carbohydrate ♥ 1g fiber ♥ 1g protein
Cranberry Oat Cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Combine the sugars and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the sugar & oil mixture.
- Slowly, stir in the cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoons onto coated (cooking spray) baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.