Aunt Joyce told me these days she likes easy. Well this recipe is for you, Aunt Joyce. Whether the kids and grandkids are there for brunch, lunch, or dinner, Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pizza can be prepared, cooked, and served, all in less than 30 minutes. In fact, this recipe is so easy, the kiddos could make it themselves.
The recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pizza can be found in Cooking Light Superfast Suppers. This cookbook tells you exactly what to make for dinner in 20 (or less) minutes. The menu includes an easy main dish and one or two exceptionally easy side dishes. To make things even easier, the supper plan is listed for you at the beginning of each recipe. The supper plan for this recipe is as follows:
1. Bake Crust
2. While crust bakes: slice onion and drain peppers for pizza.
3. Arrange toppings on pizza and bake.
Particularly notable are the 20 recipes with less than 10 minutes of prep time, the 10 slow-cooker dinners, and the 25 `Deadline Desserts` which require only 15 minutes from beginning to devour! If you want to cook quick and healthy, you will love this cookbook!
Blogger's Note: I am dismayed when I open my roasted red peppers jar and find it to be outdated by...um...many many months. Fortunately I have a red pepper in the crisper, and the Our Best Bites blog has a tutorial on how to roast your own red peppers. I wouldn't lie. It is easy!
Yield: 4 servings (serving size is 2 slices).
Calories: 333 ♥ Fat: 11.6g ♥ Protein: 14.6g ♥ Carbs: 41.1g ♥ Fiber: 2.2g
Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Pizza
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- Cooking spray
- 1 ( 10.5-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell pepper, drained
- 1 (1.75-ounce) package arugula or loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup preshredded pizza cheese blend
1) Preheat oven to 425° F.
3) Unroll pizza dough onto prepared baking sheet, and stretch sides gently into an 11 x 15-inch rectangle. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes. I am using Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust. My dough comes out of the can with a hole in the middle of the square, but I manage to press it back into shape. That is the line you see through the middle of the dough square.
4) Remove crust from oven.
8) Cut into 8 pieces.