With the holidays looming, I thought it prudent to be on the lookout for healthy side dishes. Corn is a popular holiday dish here in the south, but unfortunately it usually goes from can, to microwave, to mouth. Not healthy. Not delicious. So this holiday, try mixing it up a little and serve corn in a whole new way. Your guests will thank you.
More Favorite Corn Recipes:
- Corn Fritter Casserole, Becky Cooks Lightly
- Mexican Style Corn & Rice Casserole, Laa Loosh
- Old Corn, Eating Well
- Summer Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder, Weight Watchers
- Warm Mexican Corn Salad, Skinny Taste
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving (½ cup)
Calories: 117 ♥ Fat: 1.6g ♥ Carbs: 25.6g ♥ Sodium: 173mg ♥
Cholesterol: 0mg ♥ Protein: 4.4g ♥ Points Plus: 4 ♥ Old Points: 2
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups fresh corn cut from cob
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add your corn and onion, sautéing for 5 minutes.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining ingredients, then add to corn in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Eat lightly!