Apple Butter recipes don't come any better than this. It has the BIG three: Quick, Easy, Delicious!
For the perfect bread to pair with your apple butter, choose homemade. I enjoy a little apple butter with Whole Wheat-Banana Muffins, Spiced Pumpkin Bread (WW), and Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. What is your favorite bread-apple butter pairing?
Makes 9 servings
(Ideal slow-cooker size: 5- or 6-quart)
Calories:180 ♥ Fat: 0 ♥ Carbs: 46g ♥ Fiber: 5g ♥ Protein: 1g ♥ Sodium: 15mg ♥ Cholesterol: 0mg ♥ Points Plus: 5 ♥ Old Points: 3
Slow-Cooker Apple Butter
- 108-oz can (#8 size) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups cider
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cloves, or 1 tsp. ground nutmeg, (optional)
- Combine applesauce and cider in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Add spices.
- Cover. Cook 1 more hour.
- Sterilize cup- or pint-size jars. Heat lids.
- Fill jars with apple butter. Clean rim with damp paper towel. Put on lids.
- Place in canner and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.