Just in time for Meatless Monday, a weight watchers lasagna recipe made in a skillet. As mentioned in a previous post, Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook has twelve chapters based on the type of pot each recipe is made in. Well, this one is made in a skillet. Skillet recipe = Easy.
If you're interested in more skillet recipes, Weight Watchers One Pot has 29 quick & easy breakfasts, lunches, and dinner skillet recipes in the second chapter. Let's cook!
Yield: 4 servings
Weight Watchers Points+: 3
Amount per serving (1 cup)
Calories: 297 ♥ Fat: 7g ♥ Protein: 16g ♥ Carb: 44g ♥ Fiber: 9
No-Fuss Meatless Lasagna In A Skillet
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup canned tomato sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken into 1½-inch pieces and cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes; stir in 3 tablespoons parsley.
- Stir noodles into skillet.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Drop 8 spoonfuls of ricotta evenly spaced, onto noodle mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan, and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Cook, covered, without stirring,until heated through and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes longer.