|Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Chunky Beef and Bean Chili|
Anybody else made at the groundhog? This has been the never ending winter, and the only plus side is that it's perfect chili weather. This chunky chili recipe comes from Weight Watchers One Pot cookbook, and is easy peasy. Almost enough to kick out the winter doldrums. Almost.
If you're following Weight Watchers, you'll probably like the variety of recipes found in Weight Watchers One Pot. When I checked it out, I thought it would be strictly slow cooker recipes, but that's just one chapter in twelve. You'll also find recipes that you can make in a bowl, skillet, wok, saucepan, dutch oven, roasting pan, casserole dish, grill, something different (waffles, panini, pressure cooker), baking pan, and bowl/pot. If you're on a budget, check it out at your local library (I did).
Yield: 4 servings
Weight Watchers Points+: 7
Amount per serving (1 ½ cups)
Calories: 310 ♥ Fat: 6g ♥ Protein: 32g ♥ Carb: 29g ♥ Fiber: 8
Slow Cooker Chunky Beef & Bean Chili
- 1 pound lean beef chuck, trimmed and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 (15 ½-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 ¼ cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon anise seeds; crushed
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in 5-or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender, 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Stir in ¾ cup of cilantro.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining ¼ cup cilantro. (I also sprinkle with a reduced fat cheese like Sargento or Kraft).