Is there anything better than a healthy dose of chocolate pancakes for breakfast? I think not. And why not call them what they are: delectable little breadcakes. Bonus factor? Well the chocolate, of course. It's like I always say, start the day with a healthy dessert!
Yield: 6 to 8 silver-dollar pancakes
Double Chocolate Brownie Batter Pancakes
- ¼ cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or Bob's gluten-free)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Hershey's Special Dark cocoa or Dutch cocoa
- 1½ packets Nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar (you can use less if you're planning to top with syrup and don't want the actual pancakes to taste sweet.)
- 1⁄16 tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp applesauce or oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5½ tbsp milk of choice
- Mix the dry ingredients very well and then add the wet ingredients.(Works best when you make smaller size pancakes.)
- Heat the frying pan to a medium low flame.
- Use non-stick spray so the pancakes won't stick.
- Drop ¼ cup scoops of batter into pan.
- Cook for about two minutes or until the pancake is golden.
- Flip pancake.
- Cook the other side until golden and remove.