Weight Watchers Points
Old Points: 3 points per serving
Points+: 2 points per serving (negligible Carbs!)
Amount per serving
Calories: 161 ♥ Total fat: 1 gram ♥ Saturated fat: 0.2 gram ♥ Fiber: 2 grams ♥ Protein: 26 grams ♥ Sodium: 445 mg ♥ Cholesterol: 1 mg
Egg White-Veggie Omelet
Adapted from The Complete Idiot's Guide To Total Nutrition
From the kitchen of Debra, Steve, and Ben Beal
- 8 egg whites
- 4 TB low-fat milk
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes or 1/2 sliced tomato
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 2 oz. nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix egg whites together with milk and pepper; set aside.
- In a separate dish, place mushrooms, onions, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave mushrooms and onions for approximately 2-3 minutes on high.
- Drain vegetables and mix in chopped spinach & tomatoes (if using chopped tomatoes) and egg mixture.
- Apply nonstick spray to a large skillet and cook the entire mixture over medium-high heat. If using sliced tomatoes, lay them atop mixture.
- When eggs begin to set, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Do not overcook, leaving omelet slightly moist; fold over one side and gently lift onto a plate.
- Grab your fork and enjoy!