With only 1 Points+ value, this Fresh Vegetable Soup recipe from Weight Watchers is my secret to getting off unwanted holiday pounds. One of the things I like most about this recipe is that you can add or take away any of the vegetables to suit your own taste. No Swiss chard? You can substitute spinach. Not a fan of broccoli? Simply leave it out. Fresh Vegetable Soup is "souper" good and easy!
Points+ = 1
Prep time: 35 min
Cook time: 13 min
Fresh Vegetable Soup
- 2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 2 small uncooked zucchini, diced
- 2 cup(s) uncooked savoy cabbage, or other variety, shredded
- 2 cup(s) uncooked Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cup(s) uncooked cauliflower, small florets
- 2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, small florets
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1 rib(s) (medium) uncooked celery, diced
- 2 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
- 6 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp parsley, or chives, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, optional
- Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
If you like thick soups, consider pureeing this recipe in the pot with an immersion blender.
Save time by using frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones (though the texture of the soup might change a bit). You can also buy small amounts of pre-cut vegetables from your supermarket's salad bar.