After a hike in the crisp Oklahoma fall weather, nothing quite hits the spot like spinach dip and veggies. Even better, with only 54 calories, this luscious spinach dip recipe won't add back calories burned. This recipe is from Lauren Deen's aptly named Cook Yourself Thin Faster. I ♥ this book!
Amount per serving
Calories: 54 ♥ Fat: 2g ♥ Sodium: 301mg ♥ Sugars: 5mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach leaves, defrosted
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze out any exta water from the spinach with your hands.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of spinach and transfer to mixing bowl. (Cover and refrigerate the remainder for another use.)
- Add the yogurt, half the chopped scallion, the lemon juice, dill, and salt, and stir well to blend.
- Scrape out into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the red pepper and drizzle with the olive soil.
- Serve with pita chips, toasted wedges of pita, or veggies.