Looking for a healthier option to the original grilled cheese recipe? This perfectly yummy grilled cheese recipe makes 2 sandwiches, and each only has 238 calories!
Hormel's low-calorie turkey pepperoni adds a delicious twist to this favorite comfort food. If pepperoni is not to your taste, try replacing it with reduced-fat salami. Don't care for meat? Leave if off altogether for a simple meatless Monday meal. Let's get broiling!
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Total Calories: 476
Bread: 180 ♥ Sargento Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar: 120 ♥ Sargento Deli Style Sliced Reduced Fat Colby-Jack Cheese: 100 ♥ Hormel’s 70% less fat turkey pepperoni minis: 70 ♥ Dijon mustard: 6 per teaspoon
Yield: 1 sandwich
Total Calories: 238
Bread: 90 ♥ Sargento Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar: 60 ♥ Sargento Deli Style Sliced Reduced Fat Colby-Jack Cheese: 50 ♥ Hormel’s 70% less fat turkey pepperoni minis: 35 ♥ Dijon mustard: 3
Sourkraut adds an additional 27 calories per cup.
Healthy Pepperoni & Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (Sara Lee - 45 calories per slice)
- 1 bag Hormel’s 70% less fat turkey pepperoni minis (or substitute with reduced-fat salami)
- Dijon mustard
- Toast four slices of whole wheat bread in toaster.
- Place one slice american cheese, 1/2 bag of pepperoni, and one slice colby cheese on one slice of toasted bread. Repeat with 2nd slice of bread.
- Turn on your oven's broiler.
- Place the two slices of bread, ingredient side up on a broiler pan.
- Place under broiler until cheese is melted, being careful not to burn edges of bread.
- Once cheese is melted, remove from the oven and top open faced sandwich with the other slice of bread that has been lightly spread with dijon (1 teaspoon). If adding kraut, do so at this point.
- Enjoy! ♥