I always eat breakfast. It's a good habit to get into. Still cereal and toast get old after a while, and a big bowl of warm gooey oatmeal is a deliciously healthy alternative. This recipe, Lisa Lillien's Crock-Pot Cinna-Apples 'n Oats, from Hungry Girl 300 Under 300, can also be eaten as a snack between meals.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 3 hours or 7 hours
One Serving = 1 heaping cup or ⅕th of recipe
Amount per serving
Calories: 249 ♥ Fat: 4.5g ♥ Protein: 4.5g ♥ Carbohydrate: 52g ♥ Fiber: 7.5g ♥ Sodium: 320mg ♥ Sugars: 26g
Crock Pot Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
- 8 cups chopped Fuji apples (about 6 apples)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed), divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup light vanilla soymilk (I like Silk)
- ⅓ cup sugar-free pancake syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir to coat apples well. Transfer mixture to crock pot.
- In the empty bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except the butter: oats, soymilk, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, syrup, and salt. Add 1 cup water and mix well.
- Add oat mixture to crock pot and stir gently. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Find On Amazon