Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking: "A Parmesan cheese and basil coating provides these 'homegrown' fries with their pleasant taste. Baked in the oven, they're a zippy alternative to deep-fat fried potatoes"
This recipe is excellent! I love the Parmesan-Basil combination, and the "fries" took almost no time to prepare. Pair Baked Basil Fries with an Open-Faced Meatball Sandwich, and you'll have a meal to scream for!
Bake: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts (One serving)
162 calories ♥ 5g fat ♥ 0g saturated fat ♥ 5mg cholesterol ♥ 117mg sodium ♥ 27g carbohydrate ♥ 3g fiber ♥ 7g protein
Baked Basil FriesIngredients
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium red potatoes
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, oil, basil, and garlic powder.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks.
- Add to cheese mixture; toss to coat.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes; turn potatoes.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until fries are crisp and tender.