|All American Burger|
In the mood for hamburgers? Try this absolutely scrumptious recipe from The Volumetrics Eating Plan. The plan was designed by Dr. Barbara Rolls, a leading researcher on weight management.
Calories: 310 ♥ Carbohydrate: 34g ♥ Fat: 7g ♥ Protein: 28g ♥ Fiber: 3g
Low Fat All American HamburgerIngredients
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 6 split, 2-ounce, wheat rolls )
- 1 ½ cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cored and sliced
- ½ cup sliced red onions
- Combine the beef, onions, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and hot-pepper sauce.
- Shape into 6 equal sized burger patties.
- Cook the burgers in a large, nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium to medium-high heat until no longer pink, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place one burger on the bottom half of each roll. Divide the romaine, tomatoes, and onions evenly over each burger and cover with roll top.
Note: For the wheat rolls, I like to use these recipes: Eating Well's Whole-Wheat Burger Buns & Whole and Heavenly Oven's Homemade Whole-Wheat Burger Buns. You can also buy Sandwich Thins Rolls for a quick healthy meal.
Find On Amazon