This easy pizza sauce recipe from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch is a godsend, because let's face it, life without pizza is no life! And homemade pizzas taste so much better than those found in fast food joints. Lately I've made a habit of keeping a can of wheat pizza dough on hand. Now all I have to do is roll it out, spoon this delicious sauce over the top, throw my favorite vegetables on top, and bake. All this can be done in less than fifteen minutes!
Makes about 1 ¾ cup
Super Simple Pizza Sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne powder
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients and pulse to puree.
- You can either use the sauce immediately, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 2 months.
You can find more great recipes like this one in the Skinny Bitch in the Kitch cookbook. Skinny Bitch is coauthored by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. Rory Freedman is a former agent for Ford Models and considers herself to be a self-taught know-it-all. Kim Barnouin is a former model who holds a Masters of Science degree in Holistic Nutrition. If you need a little tough-love and sound nutritional advice, check out the Skinny Bitch Series at skinnybitch.net.
Find On Amazon