Sirloin Veggie Kabobs are terrific served over a bed of wild rice. This guilt free recipe is from Reader's Digest Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking. Time to get out the skewers and turn on the grill!
Preparation time 30 minutes + marinating; Grill 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts per serving
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
(2 kabobs) equals: 268 calories ♥ 10g fat ♥ 2g saturated fat ♥ 63mg cholesterol ♥ 480mg sodium ♥ 20g carbohydrate ♥ 2g fiber ♥ 24 g protein
Sirloin Veggie Kabobs
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 16 fresh baby portobello or large white mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients and mix well.
- Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and add beef cubes
- Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Pour the remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag and add the mushrooms, onions, and peppers. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate beef and vegetables for up to 4 hours.
- If grilled the kabobs, coat the grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard the marinade from the beef.
- Drain the vegetables, reserving the marinade for basting.
- On eight metal or soaked wooded skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning 3 times and basting frequently with reserved marinade.