This is another really awesome dish from Alice Storey's 200 Super Salads. A friend recently pointed out that I've done a lot of posts on Greek Food. Is there a trip to Greece in my future?
Preparation time 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 oz feta cheese, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cut the cucumber and tomatoes into 1/2-3/4 inch chunks and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the flesh from the bell peppers and carefully remove the ribs and the seeds.
- Cut the pepper flesh into thin strips and place them in the bowl with the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Finely slice the red onion and add to the bowl with the olives.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss carefully. Transfer to serving bowls and scatter feta cheese evenly over each bowl.