|Photo/i love butter|
Looking for a refreshing summer soup? You've found it. Minted Honeydew Soup is a delightful blend of mint and melon that will leave you wanting more.
The dog days of summer have arrived, meaning it's the perfect time to prepare your cold soup recipes. This recipe is from Carol Gelles' 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes, past winner of the Julia Child Cookbook Awards. I will be sharing the recipe for Ginger-Cantaloupe Soup (seen in foreground) in an upcoming post.
Minted Honeydew SoupIngredients
- Four cups cut-up honeydew
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Bring the honeydew and apple juice to a boil over medium-high heat, in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor container fitted with a steel blade, blend melon mixture and mint leaves until smooth. This may have to be done in two batches.