Prep: 10 Minutes
Bake 3 to 4 Minutes per batch
Makes about 8 waffles or 4 servings
Each Serving: 430 calories, 12 g protein, 55 g carbs, 19g total fat (10g saturated)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat waffle baker as manufacturer directs. In blender, combine milk, butter, eggs, and honey, and blend. Add all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt, and blend until mixture is smooth. Let batter stand for 5 minutes.
2) When waffle baker is ready, pour in batter. Cover and bake as manufacturer directs; do not lift cover during baker.
3) When waffle is done, life cover and loosen waffle with fork. Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup, or keep warm in oven (place waffle directly on oven rack to keep crisp). Reheat waffle baker before pouring in more batter.