I am excited about sharing this recipe with all my friends. You won't believe how easy and delicious it is. This recipe is dairy-free and loaded with protein. So, grab your pots and pans and let's cook cheesecake!
Vegan Strawberry Tofu Cheesecake
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut, flaked
- 10 ounces silken tofu
- 8 ounces strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence
- Medium saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Nine-inch baking pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat the medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the flaked coconut. Mix with the wooden spoon until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into the nine-inch baking pan. Press it evenly into the bottom of the pan using the wooden spoon. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the tofu, strawberries, sugar, sunflower oil, vanilla extract or essence and soy milk in the blender. Liquefy the mixture by blending for several seconds on medium speed. Pour the mixture into the large mixing bowl.
- Remove the baked coconut crust from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400° F.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the baked coconut crust. Return to oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool and set for 10 minutes. Garnish with additional strawberries, then cut and serve.