|Photo /Virtual Ern|
This recipe is from Dawn Hall's Busy People's Down-Home Cooking without the Down-Home Fat. A Busy People's™ recipe is one with seven ingredients or less that can be cooked in 30 minutes or less. Perfect recipe after a busy work day or even during the holidays.
Menu Ideas: Serve with lean grilled steaks, Mashed Parsley Potatoes, and a light dessert such as Vegan Strawberry Tofu Cheesecake.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Calories: 117 ♥ Fat: 3g (23%fat) ♥ Fiber: 2g ♥ Protein: 18g ♥ Sodium: 552mg ♥ Cholesterol: 38mg ♥ Carbs: 4g ♥ Sodium: 552mg ♥ WW Old Points: 2 ♥ WW Points+: 3
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Chicken Caesar Salad
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fat-free Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Fat-free croutons (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Grill the chicken breasts for 15 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Toss the lettuce with the salad dressing in a large bowl.
- Divide the lettuce evenly among the 4 plates.
- Top the lettuce with the chicken strips.
- Sprinkle the cheese, croutons, and pepper, if using, on top of the salad.
Note: Salad is best when chilled and the chicken is hot off the grill. It is also excellent without the chicken.
If you would like to make your own croutons, click here: How To Make Your Own Croutons.