|Photo/The Bitten Word|
In Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2009, there are over 1,000 delicious kitchen tested recipes, and you don't have to be a chef to make them. I particularly like the Mixed Green with Blueberry Vinaigrette recipe. You can store leftover infused vinegar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, and use it as part of a marinade for pork, chicken thighs, or duck. Best of all, the blueberries in the salad and in the infused vinegar contribute to antioxidants. Delicious, colorful, and healthy. This salad has it all.
Calories: 60 ♥ Fat: 3.6g ♥ Protein: 0.8g ♥ Carb 7.3g ♥ Fiber 1.3g
Mixed Greens with Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Blueberry Vinaigrette (Vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 cup chopped frisée
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
2) Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk.
3) Combine arugula and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
4) Arrange 1 cup salad on each of 6 plates. Drizzle 1 tablespoon vinegar mixture on each serving.