Yield: 6 servings
Calories: 267 ♥ Carbohydrates: 18g ♥ Fat: 4g ♥ Protein: 38g ♥ Fiber: 2g
Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill
- 10 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 3 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles, (3 cups)
- 4 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breast, (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
1) Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add carrots, celery, ginger and garlic; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.
2) Add noodles and chicken; simmer until the noodles are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3) Stir in dill and lemon juice.
I have been feeling a little under the weather lately, so Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill was just what my grandma would have ordered. With six cloves of garlic and 3 tablespoons of ginger to strengthen the immune system, I will be up and cooking again in no time. Whether you are fighting off a cold or just looking for comfort, Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill will satisfy.
The entire Eating Well cookbook is packed with flavorful dishes that are delicious and healthy. I have sticky notes throughout the book because everything looks so appealing! Eating Well recipes are easy to follow, and the results are just amazing.