Yield: 6 muffins
Per Muffin: Calories: 130 ♥ Fat: 3.6 g ♥ Fiber: 1.3g
Savory Rosemary MuffinsIngredients
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of mixture.
2) Combine milk, oil, honey, and egg. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
3) Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon wheat germ.
5) Bake at 400° F for 14 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.
Savory rosemary muffins were just the thing to accompany my mom's delicious beef stew made with celery, carrots, and potatoes. This quick and easy recipe from Cooking Light lives up to its name. Rosemary muffins are not the least bit sweet. They are entirely and marvelously savory. They are awfully pretty as well!